Conference and Seminar Grants
The Foundation will consider applications from institutions for grants to support conferences or seminars on specific subjects related to the Foundation's goals and objectives. Applicants are urged to seek matching funds. Applicants should submit the names of all participants, as well as titles and abstracts of papers to be presented. The academic background of the participants and the significance of the meeting will be key factors in the evaluation process. Budgets for conferences should not exceed US$25,000. In principle, the Foundation does not provide funding for annual meetings.
All applications must include the following items, in the order listed below:
- Project abstracts (in Chinese and English).
- A detailed itemized budget (If this sum is to be supplemented by matching funds, please include this information in the budget).
- A description of the proposed project of no more than 7 pages in length.
- All applications should also include curriculum vitae of the project director and any co-directors, as well as lists of publications over the last five years related to the proposed project, and any relevant supporting materials.
- The Foundation's grants provide support for research on Chinese Studies in the humanities and social sciences.
- Funding is not available for university administrative costs including overhead or endowments.
- The Foundation does not subsidize administrative expenses or the purchase of equipment.
- Funds for Conference and Seminar Grants may not be used to cover publication costs. Grantees anticipating the need for additional funding to cover such costs are welcome to apply for one of the Foundation¡¦s Publication Subsidies grants.
- Foundation funds can only be transferred to and managed by institutional accounts. Letters of support from the applicant's institution must express the institution's willingness to comply with these procedures.
- The Foundation encourages applications with matching funds from other sources.
- When preparing itemized budgets, please use US dollars as the unit of currency.
- The Foundation does not accept proposals submitted by fax or e-mail.
- The Foundation reserves the right to post project abstracts and reports on its websites.
All applications must be submitted to our online application database. E-mail and paper applications will not be accepted. The online application database is available annually from August 1st to September 15th and December 1st to January 15th of the following year. (to start the application process, please click here)
- The deadlines for Conference and Seminar Grant applications are:
September 15¡Xfor Conferences and Seminars from January through June of the following year.
January 15¡Xfor Conferences and Seminars from July through December of the same year.
- Final results for applications made before September 15 are announced in late December. Results of applications submitted for the January 15 deadline are announced in late May.
Chiang Ching-kuo Foundation for International Scholarly Exchange
13F 65 Tun Hua South Rd., Sec. 2
Taipei, Taiwan 106 ROC